In 2003, Every Orphan’s Hope launched the first Orphan Sunday in Lusaka, Zambia. Today, Orphan Sunday is a global movement mobilizing the body of Christ in 39 countries around the world.
Orphan Sunday is celebrated in Zambia on the first Sunday in October. Elsewhere, it is celebrated on the first Sunday in November. Churches around the world hold locally organized events to promote awareness of the orphan crises. If you’re interested in mobilizing your congregation and holding an event, contact us and we will provide you with some Orphan Sunday materials.
TOP 10 WAYS TO PROMOTE ORPHAN SUNDAY:
- Give a sermon on orphan care.
- Invite an orphan in your community to give his or her testimony.
- Display the Orphan Sunday flyers in your church and around your community.
- Wear and share the Good News Wristband. 5-pack and 100-pack wristbands are available.
- Hold an interactive booth at your church with videos and print materials that we can mail you. With a laptop or iPad, “like” the Every Orphan’s Hope Facebook page, and encourage everyone at your booth to post a comment to our orphans in Zambia.
- In your small group, pray for orphans in Zambia and around the world.
- Host a Bible study on caring for widows and orphans. Some verses to discuss include: Isaiah 1:17, James 1:27, Matthew 18:5, Exodus 22:22, Psalm 27:10, Psalm 68:5-6, Psalm 82:3, and Jeremiah 22:3.
- Buy a chick. Help an orphan! Chicks 4 Orphans is a sustainable poultry farming business of Every Orphan’s Hope. Buy a chick for only $5.
- Sponsor an orphan through Every Orphan’s Hope! 100% of your $27/month donation goes toward the care of your child. YES! 100%.
- Invite your family and friends over and host The Orphan’s Table where you share a meal that is eaten by orphans all over the world. This easy-to-cook meal package will be shipped to you by request and the cost is simply a donation of any amount. During dinner, watch the 2013 Orphan Sunday video: “You Will Be Found: Glimpses of Orphan Sunday in the Ukraine.”
Call us at 214-705-9364 or email us for more information.
Feel free to share these PHOTOS by Bobby Neptune of Orphan Sunday in Zambia!