In 2003, Every Orphan’s Hope launched the first Orphan Sunday in Lusaka, Zambia. Today, Orphan Sunday is a global movement mobilizing the body of Christ in more than two dozen countries.
Orphan Sunday was celebrated on October 7, 2012 in Zambia and elsewhere on November 4. Churches across the world held locally organized events to promote awareness of the global orphan crises. If you’re interested in mobilizing your congregation and holding an event in 2013, contact Every Orphan’s Hope and we will provide you with some Orphan Sunday materials.
TOP 10 WAYS TO PROMOTE ORPHAN SUNDAY:
- Give a sermon on orphan care.
- Invite an orphan in your community to give his or her testimony.
- Display the Orphan Sunday poster in your church and around your community.
- Wear and share the Good News Wristband provided in your Orphan Sunday packet. 5-pack and 100-pack wristbands are available.
- Hold an interactive booth at your church with videos and print materials that we can mail you. With a laptop or iPad, “like” the Every Orphan’s Hope Facebook page, and encourage everyone at your booth to post a comment to our orphans in Zambia.
- In your small group, pray for orphans in Zambia and around the world.
- Host a Bible study on caring for widows and orphans. Some verses to discuss include: Isaiah 1:17, James 1:27, Matthew 18:5, Exodus 22:22, Psalm 27:10, Psalm 68:5-6, Psalm 82:3, and Jeremiah 22:3.
- Buy a chick. Help an orphan! Chicks 4 Orphans is a sustainable poultry farming business of Every Orphan’s Hope. Buy a chick for only $5.
- Sponsor an orphan through Every Orphan’s Hope! 100% of your $27/month donation goes toward the care of your child. YES! 100%.
- Invite your family and friends over and host The Orphan’s Table. Then, watch the 30-minute web stream of the Orphan Sunday celebration in Zambia!
Call us at 214-705-9364 or email us for more information!