In 2003, Every Orphan’s Hope launched the first Orphan Sunday in Lusaka, Zambia. Today, Orphan Sunday is a global movement mobilizing the body of Christ in 64 countries around the world.
Orphan Sunday is November 8, 2015! Tens of thousands of churches will set aside this one day to care for and pray for the orphans in their communities. They will hold locally organized events such as rallies, booths, and Bible studies to spread awareness of the orphan crises.
TOP 10 WAYS TO PROMOTE ORPHAN SUNDAY:
- Give a sermon on orphan care.
- Invite an orphan in your community to give his or her testimony.
- Wear and share the Good News Wristband. 5-pack and 100-pack wristbands are available.
- Have a movie night and surprise your friends with the video of “Zambia’s Gift to the World.”
- In your small group, pray for orphans in Zambia and around the world.
- Host a Bible study on caring for widows and orphans. Some verses to discuss include: Isaiah 1:17, James 1:27, Matthew 18:5, Exodus 22:22, Psalm 27:10, Psalm 68:5-6, Psalm 82:3, and Jeremiah 22:3.
- Buy a chick. Help an orphan! Chicks-4-Orphans is a sustainable poultry farming business of Every Orphan’s Hope. Buy a chick for only $4.
- Sponsor an orphan through Every Orphan’s Hope!
- Invite your family and friends over and host The Orphan’s Table where you share a meal that is eaten by orphans all over the world. This easy-to-cook meal package will be shipped to you by request and the cost is simply a donation of any amount.
- Request a Booth-in-a-Bag and we’ll send you all the materials you need to hold a booth at your church or Orphan Sunday event. At your booth, with a laptop or iPad, “like” the Every Orphan’s Hope Facebook page, and encourage everyone to post a comment to our orphans in Zambia.
Call us at 214-705-9364 or email us for more information.
Feel free to share these PHOTOS by Bobby Neptune of Orphan Sunday in Zambia!