“I felt God not only calling me, but challenging me to respond, to obey, to trust and take action, now.”
— Gary Schneider, Founder & President, Every Orphan’s Hope
“The HIV/AIDS pandemic has orphaned more than 15 million children. Overwhelming though it was, I believe in my heart that through God all things are possible. So, back in 2002, I answered the Lord’s call and He guided me to focus on Zambia and bring His word and his hope to both the orphans and their communities. That’s why I founded Every Orphan’s Hope.
“I worked closely with the Zambian Church to find the right way for our new organization to be a channel both for the Gospel and for meeting the physical, developmental, emotional and spiritual needs of orphans. The pastors of those local churches hoped we would not try to address the need by taking these children away. Local communities and Zambia itself need a new generation of leaders – including spiritual leaders. And so instead of focusing on adoption or creating institutional orphanages, we committed to the idea of building homes and creating new families for these orphans who had lost everything.”
Every Orphan’s Hope Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the universal sinfulness and guilt of all mankind since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful people, redemption through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ who comprise the Church, which is His body.